In honor of my 30th Birthday today, I thought you might enjoy hearing 30 Things You Don’t Know About Me! But if you have been following my fashion escapades for a while, then you do know that I LOVE the mermaid silhouette. Great News! My birthday dress is on sale for less than $30 and makes the perfect special occasion piece. Enjoy the quirks and here’s to a new decade!
30 Things You Don’t Know About Me
- I was born in Bogota, Colombia.
- I lived in Puerto Rico from 1992-1996 and met my oldest friend to-date while there. Megan was a bridesmaid in my wedding and we’ve been friends for 26 years!
- I spent the remainder of my childhood and adolescence on the East Coast.
- I am Jewish by choice.
- My husband is a plastic surgeon.
- I am a nervous flier. The second I get on a plane I count down the minutes till touchdown. In fact, there are 26 minutes left on this flight as we speak!
- I HATE when food breaks. You know, when you’re about to bite into a juicy taco and the shell breaks down the middle. There’s nothing more aggravating.
- Speaking of eating, I don’t like when food is sweet when it’s not “supposed” to be. Sweet potatoes…no thanks.
- GG is my ride or die.
- I’m a Bar Method addict.
- Jonathan (my husband) and I are 14 years apart and we are living proof that age is just a number. We are the same person but male and female.
- I’m obsessed with plantains – I snack on them almost everyday.
- I’m the only girl I know who doesn’t like champagne.
- Keeping up With the Kardashians is my guilty pleasure.
- I’ve played field hockey competitively since I was 9 years old and was the captain and MVP of my high school team. I was also an All-Conference, and First Team All-State player. I was approached by two schools to play at a collegiate level, but I followed my dreams of going to college in the South. But I could not stay away from the sport for too long! I play in a women’s league in Northern California and LOVE every minute of it.
- In August 2012 I visited California for the first time. Long story short, we were living in San Francisco by May 2013.
- I graduated from LSU with a Bachelor’s Degree in Textile and Apparel Merchandising
and a minor in Business Administration. #ForeverLSU
- I’m a Giants fan, but not the baseball team (sorry SF natives), the New York football team! My grandfather played for the NY Giants in the 1940’s!
- Pitbull is my favorite singer/songwriter…dale!
- I cook dinner 4-5 times per week. I got it from my mama…
- Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. Enough said.
- I’m five feet tall
- 68 degrees is my ideal temperature. I do not like to sweat unless I’m working out. In that case, BRING IT ON!
- I am NOT a happy camper when I’m having a bad hair day.
- I never imagined I’d choose a career that involved writing. In CT it was standard practice to conduct 45 minute “writing prompts” EVERY.SINGLE.WEEK 4th grade through 12th. Simply put, I was scarred for life!
- I live in high heels. If high heel slippers were a “thing” I would own them!
- Pizza Hut breadsticks give me life.
- I prefer tea to coffee. The caffeine content in coffee makes me crazy.
- Mascara is my favorite beauty product. Long lashes are my trademark.
- I sometimes “suffer” from what Jonathan refers to as, “laughing fits.” I’ll put it to you this way, once I start I cannot stop…
Shop the Birthday Dress
Photos by my #InstagramHusband