Good morning lovely readers,
It may be Friday the 13th, but it is a pretty good day if you ask me, as it is officially my one year blogiversary and my 241st post! Thank you for your continued support and I am looking forward to another year of fashpiration, style tips and advice. To coincide with my blog’s first birthday, I was nominated for the Liebster Award (a peer nominated “award” to showcase up and coming bloggers) by the most stylish teacher on the West Coast, Molly Clifton from Style Miss Molly. If you need some positive energy in your life, do yourself a favor and give her a follow.
- Three adjectives to describe your personality:
Assured, fierce, and driven
- What is your biggest accomplishment you are proud of?
Starting a blog and balancing that with my other career, being the Marketing Director for a healthcare startup.
- How would you describe your personal style?
This question is always a difficult one for me, because my style genuinely embodies several different styles all in one package! I definitely have a natural Latina flair, and that is where my sexy feminine influence originates. Think Sophia Vergara of Modern Family. On the other hand, I never turn down a chic boho look. I definitely get my bohemian vibes from my very stylish mother.
- What is one article of clothing you cannot live without?
High heels! The only time you’ll catch me in flats is when I’m on my way to the Bar Method Studio.
- What made you decide to start a fashion blog?
All day I dream about clothes. My whole life I’ve been an “outfit planner” and the one friends and family would come to for fashion advice. One day it hit me. I was already doing it, why not showcase it to the public and make a business out of it?!
- How did you come up with your blog name?
I began as KK and GG short for Kelsey Kaplan and “GG” my precious Shih Tzu. It was a catchy play on words and I wanted to share our journey together in our new city. The more I blogged, the more I realized my content was heavily fashion influenced, and while KK and GG was “cute,” it was time to establish a name that was demonstrative of my business. To me, Kelsey Kaplan Fashion sounded like a brand, so I went with it!
- Who/what is your biggest motivation for blogging?
I am my own motivator – fashion is my therapy. The phrase, “I am happier when I like my outfit” couldn’t be more true in my case. Blogging gives me an outlet to let my creative mind roll and I’m loving every minute of it.
- What is your favorite season?
Bare legs and sandals season. “Summer” in San Francisco is typically cloudy and cold, so anytime before or after June or July.
- What’s your favorite snack?
My favorite snack is Nutella anything, but since it is banned from my household (it is way too dangerous), I often snack on apples and almond butter.
- Do you have any style advice?
Wear whatever makes you feel good and you’ll look good doin’ it!
Alex of Teggy French
Cheryl of Haute in Cali
Jenna of Trendy Not Spendy
Lindsey of Seamless Sea
Allison of A Posh Paralegal
Macey of Macey Flowers
- Post your award to your blog.
- Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few new bloggers you’ve discovered.
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
Questions for my nominees:
- What is the biggest obstacle you had to overcome to start your blog?
- What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned since becoming a blogger.
- How many months have you been blogging and how often do you post new content?
- Are you a heels or flats girl?
- What is your favorite store?
- Describe your style in three words:
- Who is your biggest supporter?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What is your end goal as a blogger?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Thank you for reading, and Happy Friday!