Whether you’re celebrating a birthday or attending a black tie affair, a special occasion calls for a special hairdo! For some people like myself who prefer to wear their hair down, a side style is always a great compromise. Last week I had the pleasure of attending the Opening of the Stanley Kubrick exhibition at the Contemporary Jewish Museum – the perfect excuse to have my hair styled. Kristin at the Red Chair Salon whipped up this side wrap braid in about 25 minutes. Below is a step-by-step tutorial so that you can create the same “do” at home.
1. Begin by curling day old washed hair with 1 inch curling iron
2. Spray roots with hairspray and tease hair creating volume and fullness (the more the better!)
3. Lightly brush out curls with soft bristle brush to create waves
4. After choosing a preferred side, start a dutch braid in a downward direction. At the nape of your neck, fasten braid with an elastic band and secure end with bobby pin
5. Cover the elastic band with remaining hair and “fluff”up the edges
6. Gently pull apart the braid to give it a messy/thicker appearance. Finish with hairspray
I rocked this side wrap braid with a black jumpsuit, but what is so great about this classic hairstyle is that it looks so “hollywood glam” with just about everything! If you are local in San Francisco, and need a cut, color, or style, call the ladies at the Red Chair Salon and get ‘er done!