I hope you all are staying healthy and safe. Although there is a lot going on that is out of our control, what we put into our bodies ain’t one of ‘em! Fortunately, many restaurants are still open for takeout and delivery, but if your kitchen is open for business too, you may be running out of dinner ideas. You’ve come to the right place! Before reading any further, bookmark this page for easy to follow and delectable recipes. Now about the pot roast y’all were drooling over on my Instagram story…it’s great for beginner and expert chefs alike, and it makes a lip smacking good meal (with plenty of leftovers). Let’s get to it!
Ingredients and Supplies:
- Dutch oven (cast iron works best)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter or non-dairy butter
- 1 yellow pepper
- No Yolks Broad noodles (click here to find at a store near you)
- 1 package Recipe Secrets onion soup and dip mix
- Jar of Bell’s Beef Gravy (click here to find at a store near you)
- Italian seasoning
- Rub meat with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Add two tablespoons butter to pan.
- Set roast inside of Dutch Oven and braze meat on medium-high until all sides brown. Stay nearby because you don’t want it to burn!
- After that, pour in Recipe Secrets onion recipe soup and dip mix packet and cover roast entirely with water. Bring to a boil then turn heat down and cover mostly with lid (leaving some room for air to escape). Simmer until roast is tender 2-3 hours (depending on size of roast) adding water little by little so that it does not all evaporate.
- After that, add vegetables – beginning with carrot and onion, yellow pepper, and cook on low until carrots are easy to poke with fork.
- Throw in as many no yolk broad noodles and cover and cook on medium-low until desired firmness (approximately 5 minutes).
- Finally, mix in jar of gravy stirring occasionally on medium-low heat and top with Italian seasoning. Slice pot roast and serve in bowls. Enjoy for dinner as is or serve on toast and enjoy an open-faced sandwich at lunchtime.
Shop the cookware and ingredients I use to prepare this meal:
Dutch Oven | Cutting Board | Soup Mix | No Yolks Noodles