With the 87th Academy Awards in the books, I cannot help but comment on a few of my favorite red carpet looks! Here are my top five:
1. Rosamund Pike stunned in a strapless hot number by Givenchy. This red lace dress featured a scalloped neckline, matching belt at the waist, and a high slit. The fit and flare silhouette was ultra flattering for her figure, and the color couldn’t have been more perfect against her fair skin. The classic up-do, simple earrings and delicate sandals were just right.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow was pretty in pink wearing a Ralph & Russo mermaid gown – it fit like a glove. This dress featured a one-shoulder neckline, long sleeve, and a very dramatic flower on the left shoulder. Although not much skin was exposed, her fit frame sure was. The pulled back hair and dangle earrings were just enough.
3. Reese Witherspoon’s dress by Tom Ford is the epitome of class. This timeless black and white a-line ensemble featured an elegant off-the-shoulder neckline, and a matching black belt – synching the waistline. Reese’s polished hairstyle and glitzy stud earrings tied things together nicely.
4. Scarlett Johansson killed it in an emerald green v-neck Versace gown. This curve hugging dress was rather simple, but certainly a head turner. Talk about a statement necklace…Scarlett outdid herself with the beauty she adorned herself with. I cannot say enough about the color – just fabulous with her complexion. The slicked back hair-do was very fitting.
5. Last but definitely not least, Lupita Nyong’o stopped people in their tracks wearing a Calvin Klein Collection gown embellished in pearls. This slim-fit dress featured a halter neckline, a steamy keyhole cut-out in the front, an open back, and pearls from head to toe. Already lavish enough, Lupita’s simple drop earrings were definitely the right choice.