After several months of blogging and showcasing my favorite looks, I have been asked on more than one occasion about my makeup routine. Although I have already alluded to specific products in passing, I figured there was no better time than today to go in depth about my favorite makeup products. Here it goes!
1. Everyone has a “problem area” when it comes to their skin and face. Mine is undoubtedly under-eye dark circles. Unfortunately these things haunt those with an olive complexion…my number one defense against ’em is DermaBlend’s Cover Cream in Yellow Beige. Using Mac’s 190 Foundation Brush, I apply an upside down triangle underneath my eyes for full coverage. This stuff is truly a miracle worker!
2. bareMinerals Original Foundation in “Medium Tan” owns me – I do not hit the streets without it. Great for moderate coverage all while protecting your skin from dangerous UV rays thanks to the SPF 15 component.
3. Who would have thought that your eyebrows could affect your entire look?! Well, they sure can and the Brow Wiz from Anastasia Beverly Hills will brighten your face – giving you an effortlessly primped appearance. This hot commodity is a fabulous temporary way to create the volume and shape you’ve always wanted for your brows.
4. Long luscious lashes. Isn’t that the goal of ever beauty aficionado?! After many years and many tubes of mascara, the verdict is in. If you want to lengthen, darken, and volumize your lashes, L’Oréal’s Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in “Blackest Black” does just that, while the revolutionary brush design helps you paint those hard-to-reash corner lashes.
5. The Naked eyeshadow palette is my savior. Whether you are going for a natural look, or a dramatic one, make it all happen singlehandedly with this palette. On a regular day I depend on “Darkhorse,” “Half Baked,” and “Smog.” For best results, use All Nighter setting spray in lieu of eyeprimer before applying shadow.